[Topic 2] Today I am particularly drawn to the topic of Ethics. I was moving through different topics of the political news around the world and seeing through the lenses of different cultures and how they relate to what is essential to them in the world and in their countries.
Buddhist wisdom states that all life is suffering, this means that we need to approach living in a way that helps us to connect with the natural inborn compassion.
A proper appreciation of cause and effect suggests that far from being powerless, there is much we can do to influence our experience of suffering. Old age, sickness, and death are inevitable. But, as with the torments of negative thoughts and emotions, we certainly have a choice in how we respond to the occurrence of suffering. – H.H. 14th Dalai Lama, Ethics for the New Millennium
Join in the conversation & dialog, share your reflections, comments and questions.
You can answer one or all questions.
- How do you feel about the concept of suffering in your life?
- What causes inspire you to action in the world?
- What things in the political arena globally you would like to see changed?
- Note: For me I would love to see autonomous or Free Tibet.
- Empowered Feminine Realization
- How are you responding and dealing with suffering in your daily life?
Rev. Dr. K. Sonan Wangmo